Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Talk about a perfect couple

Terry Gross vs. Bill O'Reilly: Round Two

O'REILLY: If you're going to set me up in your introduction as somebody which you have problems with, why wouldn't you put in your book that you were scolded by your own ombudsman? You left that out? Why did you leave it out?

GROSS: I don't know why I left it out.

O'REILLY: You don't know?

GROSS: The point, Bill, is that I think the interview was very fair. The ombudsman criticized it. That's fine. That's the ombudsman's job; to stand back and pass judgment on how things were done. He's an independent voice.

O'REILLY: Right.

GROSS: Does Fox News have an ombudsman?

O'REILLY: Yes. We have an ombudsman some place, I think.

GROSS: I don't think so.

O'REILLY: He's in the closet.

GROSS: Give me a call when you find him.

Listen to the interview that started it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home