Notes from the Blog/'04 Campaign Panel
Comprehensive notes from last night's event, "Pamphleteering in the Digital Age: The Impact of Blogs on the 2004 Campaign?"
- Wonkette rolls her eyes as Madore uses the inevitable "sassy" in his intro of her
- Columbia is so clueless they list Duncan Black's credentials for Media Matters and not Eschaton on the invite
- "People do blogs because they can't get published elsewhere" ... partisan, high-pitched nature of '04 campaign ... blogs ... most lasting contribution and least novel ... "blogs made it impossible for mainstream media (MSM) to sit on the story until it's ready to go" ... "I'm not sure what we'd do if MSM changed the way we want them to." (Wonkette)
- (Scan alumni newsletter)
- Thomas Fitzgerald, Election Reporter, The Philadelphia Inquirer: we're the whale (heh) and they chew our krill, or something. "Peeing in your pants makes you feel warm on a winter night" (neighbor looking at me with concern as I jot this down) "We're not dead yet! We might be dying..."
- Why'd they close the bar?